Homework is set across the school. In setting homework we aim to:
- Promote positive attitudes to work and school.
- Raise achievement of all pupils.
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and numeracy and across the curriculum.
- Encourage and develop independent learning.
- Develop the home/school partnership.
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6.
A variety of types of homework are used depending on the age and ability of the pupils. These may include:-
- Learning spellings, multiplication tables, and mental arithmetic tasks.
- Completion of class work.
- A piece of research on a familiar or a new topic.
- A piece of Mathematics, Science or English work.
- Other work agreed with parents.