This is a highly inclusive school. Pupils placed in the large SEN unit are welcomed and supported to participate in all that the school has to offer.
Homework is set across the school. In setting homework we aim to:
- Promote positive attitudes to work and school.
- Raise achievement of all pupils.
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and numeracy and across the curriculum.
- Encourage and develop independent learning.
- Develop the home/school partnership.
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6.
A variety of types of homework are used depending on the age and ability of the pupils. These may include:-
- Learning spellings, multiplication tables, and mental arithmetic tasks.
- Completion of class work.
- A piece of research on a familiar or a new topic.
- A piece of Mathematics, Science or English work.
- Other work agreed with parents.